Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Halloween Horror Movie Countdown Reviews: Day 9 - The Lords of Salem

Day 9: The Lords of Salem.
                                               
The Plot: The Lords of Salem is a movie directed and written by Rob Zombie. Starring Sheri Moon Zombie who happens to be my most favourite actress as Heidi. Bruce Davidson as Francis. Jeff Daniel Phillips as Whitey. Judy Geeson as Lacy. Meg Foster as Margaret. Dee Wallace as Sonny. The movie did great in the box office. And many people say this is a movie that can even disturb the greatest Gore Hounds, and me as a Gore Movie lover I have to admit. It is pretty graphic. And alot of WTF moments. But the plot of the movie is that Heidi a radio DJ recieves a box containing a record. Which triggers flashbacks of her town's horrible past. She keeps getting weird dreams and slowly shuts down. And falls back in old patterns with drugs. As the movie progressess mystery's get unveiled. And ends with a very weird and yet disturbing ending. People still had many questions. But it doesn't look like it will have a sequel as Rob Zombie is already working on a new movie named ''Broad Street Bullies''.

Personal Review: Well this is a movie that you really have to pay attention, one minute of missing something out the movie won't make sense anymore. And me being completely Starstruck over Sheri Moon Zombie on that she finally gets the lead role!! I kind of missed out on a lot cause I was so excited seeing her having such a big role for a change. Like I was completely starstruck. But the movie in general was very very good. A different type of movie then I am used to watching. But I watch everything of Rob Zombie. Probably one of his biggest fans. I love his movies, all his movies are in my favourite movie list. They had alot of disturbing imagery, good unexpected jump scares that actually surprised me (and I am not easily startled). The story was perfectly put in together. But the ending did feel a bit rushed. But that doesn't really matter as the rest of the movie covered it up. And the ending was probably the most weird and disturbing endings I have ever seen in a movie. That just left me with this real empty and kind of sick feeling. But that is good that a movie can have effects like that. This is a very very good movie! And I will watch it many many times! A real Rob Zombie work, and one of my favourites! Love it, and cannot wait till his new movie.

Soon I will have a full review about this movie with details and a personal rating. Tomorrow Day 10 will be up. thanks for visiting my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment