Thursday, October 3, 2013

Halloween Horror Movie Countdown Day 3 - The Conjuring

Day 3 - The Conjuring.
                        
The Plot: The Conjuring is the most popular horror movie of 2013. James Wan directed the movie. Also Director of Insidious. The Movie has an Amityville Horror style to it. It starts with this family of 7 moving into a new house. Carolyn (Lili Taylor) starts noticing paranormal activity. Roger (Ron Livingston) doesn't believe her. So Carolyn seeks help by paranormal investagators Ed and Lorraine Warren (Patrick Wilson and Vera Farminga) . Soon Paranormal stuff starts happening to the kids. And slowly but surely the kids, the Warrens and the husband start noticing changes in Carolyn. And shortly after Ed and Lorraine figure out they are dealing with an exorsism. As Ed and Lorraine try to get the evil spirit out. The spirit goes crazy and tries to kill one of the kids. Ed and Lorraine just barely stop the spirit. And get the evil out.

Personal Review: I persoanlly did not like this movie. There may be some innaccurate info in there, as I wasn't to fond of the movie but I tried my best to remember everything. I found the scares to predictable. The Plot of the movie was WAY overused. It felt like a total remake of The Amityville Horror. Which did not sit well with me. And the whole ordeal with the doll, did not make much sense as the doll was only in the beginning and had nothing to do with the main story. Ofcourse the actors are GREAT! But the idea of the movie is waaay to overused. The Special effects were pretty cool. And the clapping theory was a good idea. But I just still cannot get over that I felt like I was watching Amityville Horror all over again. A pretty big dissapointment, in my opinion. But I knew many many people, loved it for some reason (probably never watched Amityville or The Exorsist) But so felt like I should make a review about it just for the fans.

Well this is pretty much it for me now. In General, for someone who is new to horror films and doesnt know the classic cliche's, they'll probably shit their pants. But for horror FANS! You could call it a copycat of 2 Classics (Exorsist and Amityville) So Here is my review of the Conjuring, tomorrow Day 4 will be up. Don't forget to check my Halloween Franchise Review. Thanks for visiting my page.

No comments:

Post a Comment